group role membership

From: Tom(dot)Zschockelt(at)flender(dot)com
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: group role membership
Date: 2005-11-09 10:18:48
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

with postgres 8.1 and pgadmin 1.4.0 I found no way ( except a select on
pg_catalog-tables ) to
get a list of all members belonging to certain group role.

The other way around works ( all assigned roles to a certain role).

If we use group roles to manage access to objects it would be neccessary
to get a list of all
login-roles that are able to do e.g. a select .

It would be nice if an solution will step through all recursive level (
e.g. if a login-role is member of a group-role which is member of a
group-role itself, ... ).

Is there any solution out there ?

Thanks in advance

tom