Re: PostgreSQL does not RUN On Windows

From: Martin_Hurst(at)dom(dot)com
To: jason(at)tishler(dot)net
Cc: Onkar Chandel <onkar(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org,pgsql-cygwin-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL does not RUN On Windows
Date: 2003-01-10 16:13:12
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
You can get the latest ipc daemon from this website,

http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/cygipc/index.html

-Martin

                    Jason Tishler
                    <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>           To:     Onkar Chandel <onkar(at)hotmail(dot)com>
                    Sent by:                      cc:     pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
                    pgsql-cygwin-owner(at)post       Subject:     Re: [CYGWIN] PostgreSQL does not RUN On Windows
                    gresql.org

                    01/10/2003 10:31 AM

Onkar,

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 02:32:06PM +0000, Onkar Chandel wrote:
> I tried all available combinations as suggested on internet but it
> never run.
>
> 1. Pre-compiled version with latest Cygwin package: ipc-daemon (cygipc
> 1.09) was running and then I tried to run 'initdb' it said
> IPCSemaphorCreate is not implemented.

The latest Cygwin PostgreSQL 7.3-1 *requires* cygipc 1.13-2.  Please read
the README:

    http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.3.README

Jason

    (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org)

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Onkar ChandelDate: 2003-01-10 16:20:53
Previous:From: Martin_HurstDate: 2003-01-10 16:11:07