Re: BYTEA Fields and Memory Consumption

From: Raiford(at)labware(dot)com
To: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org,pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BYTEA Fields and Memory Consumption
Date: 2011-04-14 12:17:38
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi Hiroshi-san,

Thank you for your response.  Could you clarify one thing for me?  Are you
suggesting that when using an lo datatype with the lo module installed,
the ODBC driver automatically sends the data in pieces?  Or does it only
open the possibility for me to use the lo_import() function?  If
everything is handled internally in the ODBC driver, it would certainly
help a lot :)

Jon