Can we overload = operator to word numeric = text

From: venkatrao(dot)b(at)tcs(dot)com
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org,pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can we overload = operator to word numeric = text
Date: 2010-03-09 10:18:00
Lists: pgsql-generalpgsql-novice
Hello,

We have migrated oracle  database to postgre.
In oracle char to numeric type conversion is explicit (i.e. we can compare
char = numeric); but in postgre it is throwing errors. There are so many
functions - around 2000, and we can not go and do explict type casting in
every function , where there is problem.

Is there any way to come out of this problem. I mean is there any way to
make = operator work for numeric = charater varying .
Your suggestions are highly appreciated.

Venkat
and any attachments. Thank you

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Jignesh ShahDate: 2010-03-09 10:28:49