Direct client requirement from ProV Inetrnational for the position of PostgreSQL Database Developer at San Diego, CA

From: andrew(at)provintl(dot)com
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Direct client requirement from ProV Inetrnational for the position of PostgreSQL Database Developer at San Diego, CA
Date: 2007-03-28 20:07:51
Lists: pgsql-jobs
Hi,

This is Andrew with Prov International.

I have requirement with one of our direct client. For you reference given
below is the requirement. Please let me know your interest and
availability for this position. In case if you have any query then please
let me know.

Position: PostgreSQL Database Developer
Location: San Diego, CA
Duration: 6+ Months

Job Description:

This position involves creating tables, views, functions and stored
procedures to support front end OLTP and reporting applications.  The
ideal developer will have thorough knowledge of SQL (PL/pgSQL), experience
with at least one other PostgreSQL language (e.g. PL/Perl), and extensive
experience with complex stored procedures, code optimization, and index
tuning in PostgreSQL.

Ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:

5+ years database development with PostgreSQL
Knowledge of at least one other language in addition to PL/pgSQL, such as
PL/Perl or PL/Java.
Experience implementing PostgreSQL replication using Slony-I.
Some experience with either SQL Server 2000 or Oracle 9i/10g.
Significant background in creating complex stored procedures and SQL
scripts
Understanding of database normalization concepts
Some experience in logical and physical database design and implementation
Prior experience working in a project oriented environment and meeting
deadlines under tight time constraints
Strong analytical skills
Capable of working independently with minimal supervision

pgsql-jobs by date

Next:From: PratikDate: 2007-03-28 20:28:01