performance error

From: <Tom(dot)Zschockelt(at)flender(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: performance error
Date: 2004-03-31 11:01:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Hi to all,

I downloaded the last win32-snapshot and got it all in a ready state.

After that I created a simple testtable like

CREATE TABLE public.testdaten1
(
id int4 NOT NULL,
name varchar(20),
firstname varchar(20),
CONSTRAINT testdaten1_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id)
) WITH OIDS;

GRANT ALL ON TABLE public.testdaten1 TO public;

Now I tested a simple c++ program which, do many inserts within a for-loop
(connected over ODBC)

I'm not sure but I think the performance is not very well (it's really
bad)

cpu-usage between 0 and 5 %

harddisc is permanently busy but the inserting-process is very slow (50000
records in 30 minutes)

Are there any ideas to get rid of this problem ?

Regards tom

Attachment Content-Type Size
filltable.cc application/octet-stream 4.0 KB