Re: BUG #4667: pg_standby error on Solaris 10 SPARC 64 bin

From: AShved(at)symcor(dot)com
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4667: pg_standby error on Solaris 10 SPARC 64 bin
Date: 2009-02-19 16:34:09
Lists: pgsql-bugs

tom I have libpq.so installed in /usr/lib.  Do i set LD_RUN_PATH on Solaris
to /usr/lib?  I did that still failed with the same error.

Sorry very new to this.

Andrew Shved
DBA
Symcor Inc, Corporate Applications
Tel:(905)273-1433
Mobile:(416)803-2675
"aut viam inveniam aut faciam"

             Tom Lane
             <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)u
             s>                                                         To
                                       "Andrew Shved" <ashved(at)symcor(dot)com>
             19/02/2009 10:54                                           cc
             AM                        pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [BUGS] BUG #4667: pg_standby

"Andrew Shved" <ashved(at)symcor(dot)com> writes:
> I installed PostgreSQL 8.3.5 from binaries using from
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.3.5/solaris/solaris10/sparc/

> and I get the following error in my standby log  when trying to restore -
> ld.so.1: pg_standby: fatal: libpq.so.5: open failed: No such file or
> directory

Do you have that version of libpq.so installed?  If so, is it in a
place where programs will look for it?  Solaris often requires hacking
with LD_RUN_PATH or some such to deal with nonstandard installation
locations for shared libraries.