Re: wal logging

From: thomas(dot)revell(at)powerconv(dot)alstom(dot)com
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: wal logging
Date: 2005-06-17 11:28:31
Lists: pgsql-admin

Database recovery from write ahead logs is only supported in PostgreSQL
8.0.0 and later.

hi

I have to setup some backup policies for our postgres server.
I had a few queries regarding corruption of database.
what are the steps to be followed in postgres regarding logical
corruption, instance failures, block corruption, log corruption?

I am using postgres 7.3.9
I was checking out WAL logging. I enabled WAL logging in postgres.conf
I found the logs in the pg_xlog directory but don't know how to recover it

thanks,
kailash

CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and
may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use
it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.