Re: Driver seems to hang fetching data

From: Patrick Hatcher <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Driver seems to hang fetching data
Date: 2007-03-01 15:47:40
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Here you go Hiroshi.  This was all that was in the Log file

[0.000]DSN info:
DSN='macys',server=XX.XXXXX.XX',port='5432',dbase='mdc_oz',user='',passwd='xxxxx'
[0.000]
onlyread='0',protocol='7.4',showoid='0',fakeoidindex='0',showsystable='0'
[0.000]          conn_settings='',conn_encoding='(null)'
[0.000]          translation_dll='',translation_option=''

Patrick Hatcher
Development Manager  Analytics/MIO
Macys.com

             Hiroshi Inoue
             <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
             02/28/07 08:10 PM         Patrick Hatcher
                                       <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>
                                                                        cc
                                       pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [ODBC] Driver seems to hang
                                       fetching data

Patrick Hatcher wrote:
> driver version 8.02.02
>
> I have a query that returns around 30K records.  I have set the cache to
> 1000 records.  It appears that while pulling data, the driver hangs for
> around 30 seconds or more and then continues to the next batch of
records.
> It does this same sort of behavior whether it caching is set to 100 or
> 1000. I am using DECLARE/FETCH.
> Is there anywhere I can check for the bottle neck?

Could send me the CommLog(psqlodbc_xxxx.log) output using the snapshot
dll at
  http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/index.html
?

regards,