Re: Migrate from MS SQL 6.5 to postgres??

From: martin(dot)chantler(at)convergys(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Migrate from MS SQL 6.5 to postgres??
Date: 2001-02-27 11:47:23
Lists: pgsql-general

I have an idea that might help
I found ODBC to be very slow for importing data
So I wrote a program in C that reads in dump files of SQL text on the Linux
server itself
E.G. first line is a create table, next lines are all the insert's
This is very fast, 80mb of data in about 15 minutes
Only problem is the text files need to be formatted a bit specially
If you can write a program in say VB to create the text files (one per
table)
it could work.
If you are interested I could forward my C program and Foxpro prg that
creates the text files that
you could convert to VB

Regards,
MC

"Steve O'Hagan" <sohagan(at)dont-spam-me-stanger(dot)com(dot)hk> on 26/02/2001
08:46:14