Re: dump a table in windows

From: "Devinder K Rajput" <Devinder(dot)Rajput(at)ipaper(dot)com>
To: Laurette Cisneros <laurette(at)nextbus(dot)com>,pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: dump a table in windows
Date: 2002-09-25 14:13:46
Lists: pgsql-admin
Have you tried pg_dump. Command should look something like

pg_dump  -t table_name db_name > output_file_name

Let me know if this works.  Thanks.

Devinder Rajput
Stores Division Corporate Offices
Chicago, IL
(773) 442-6474

                    Laurette Cisneros
                    <laurette(at)nextbus(dot)com>       To:     pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
                    Sent by:                     cc:
                    pgsql-admin-owner(at)post       Subject:     [ADMIN] dump a table in windows
                    gresql.org

                    09/24/2002 07:33 PM

I need to dump a table from a database on a server on another system into a
file from a client on windows.

I've tried using pgadminII and issuing a copy command but it runs dog slow!

I've tried using Python/pyPgSQL by querying the records from the table and
writing them to a file and it runs dog slow!

I can't compile psql because I don't have MS C++.

Any other ideas on what I can do or how to speed up any of these?

Thanks,

--
Laurette Cisneros
The Database Group

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Devinder K RajputDate: 2002-09-25 14:14:36