CPU Utilization 100%...

From: Christopher(dot)Becker(at)apcc(dot)com
To: pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: CPU Utilization 100%...
Date: 2004-05-05 15:21:56
Lists: pgsql-novice

       This is a pretty specific scenario, so I'm not sure if anyone has
       anythoughts or not.

       I've got a delphi app connecting to a postgres server (with MicroLap
       My app is doing a continuous loop of inserts.  I have a "Pause"
       button with
       opens up a modal dialog box which halts the inserts until it's

       From the Modal dialog box, the user has the option of closing the
       to the db.  The problem is, when I hit pause, the CPU utilization of
       postgres server goes through the roof (99%-100%).  Even if I
       disconnect the
       db connection, at that point, the CPU stays at 100%.  If I
       reconnect, and
       resume my app, the cpu drops back down to it's regular operating

       I thought that by disconnecting, the server would drop it's
       level.. but it seems like something is still holding on.

       Any thoughts?

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Gastón SimoneDate: 2004-05-05 18:10:40