ms access app ?

From: <Tom(dot)Zschockelt(at)flender(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ms access app ?
Date: 2004-10-26 10:19:48
Lists: pgsql-general
Hi,

we have a large ms-access application (as .mde file) which is connected to
an oracle database.
Now we want to migrate to postgresql. Database migration has been done
successfully but
when starting the access-application we get the following error:

"Cannot find table ... on database"

I manually connected to postgres via access and find out that postgresql
provides every table with the
full qualifier, which means, that while access is looking for a table
(e.g. mytable) postgresql provides only a table ( myschema.mytable ).

Is there a setting which prevent ms-access from for an unqualified name or
the other way around, is there an setting, which disable the
full-qualified name
to be shown to access in the case where the tableowner is connected to
postgresql ?

thanks in advance

tom

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Sim ZacksDate: 2004-10-26 11:02:40