postgreSQL Version 7.2 for SuSE Linux

From: juerg(dot)rietmann(at)pup(dot)ch
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgreSQL Version 7.2 for SuSE Linux
Date: 2002-01-16 07:50:24
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hello there

In my current project, we have postgres 7.0.x running for half a year now.
In the db, there is one table that causes problems.
This table has 66 columns and 1700 rows. SQL select's are 8 times slower
than normal when the problem starts. Is there a way to see why the
performance ist getting slower and slower. (I raised the buffer size for
postmaster) I tried to regenerate the indexes, didn't help.

In the news I read about the possibility to run vaccum/analyze without
stopping the db with versein 7.2 of postgres. Is there a date when this
release will be ready. In the next project in March, I'd like to have this
feature.

Tx ... jr

PFISTER + PARTNER, SYSTEM - ENGINEERING AG
Juerg Rietmann
Grundstrasse 22a
6343 Rotkreuz
Switzerland

internet       :  www.pup.ch
phone          : +4141 790 4040
fax       : +4141 790 2545
mobile         : +4179 211 0315

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Roman GavrilovDate: 2002-01-16 08:09:17