Postgresql in Toronto

From: DForsyth(at)symcor(dot)com
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgresql in Toronto
Date: 2005-11-16 17:02:58
Lists: pgsql-jobs
Please post the following job description.

Thank you

Symcor Inc. is one of North America’s largest business outsourcing
companies. We have the expertise, size and technology to deliver
cost-effective services designed to transform and enhance our customers’
businesses. We are an industry leader in physical and electronic check
processing, payment processing, statement production and document

Position: Postgresql DBA                                    Ref: SYM-3148
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Number of positions: 1

Purpose:   Symcor I s in the process of designing our next generation
archiving applications and will be working with Postgress SQL as a key part
of the architecture.

We have plans to implement it as part of our infrastructure. This is a DBA
role for someone skilled in Postgress,  to add to our DBA teams.  The
successful candidate  will spear head that initiative. This may  evolve to
a Data Architect type role, depending on experience of the successful
candidate we bring in.

·     To work with existing DBA team and integrate postgress knowledge and
skills to that team.
·     To become an active player in the implementation of Postgress to out
current database environment.
·     To be a subject matter expert in postgress SQL

1.  Postgress
2.  Design experience with Horizontally Partitioned Data (sometimes called
Federated Database Design)
3.  Good base of SQL Skills (past Postgress)
4.  Open Source Experience
5.  Java and JDBC Experience/SKills
6.  Linux

Other: (not in Top Two)
7.  Data Pump Design/Experience
8.  Geoplexed Distributed Databases
9.  SOAP/SOA Skills

Interested candidates please e-mail resumes to:  recruitment(at)symcor(dot)com

Please include the job code in the subject line of your e-mail.
Thank you to all interested applicants, however, only the applicants we
short-list will be contacted for an interview.

pgsql-jobs by date

Next:From: kbenoitDate: 2005-11-21 13:53:34