Postgresql in Toronto

From: DForsyth(at)symcor(dot)com
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgresql in Toronto
Date: 2005-11-16 17:02:58
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Please post the following job description.

Thank you

Symcor Inc. is one of North America’s largest business outsourcing
companies. We have the expertise, size and technology to deliver
cost-effective services designed to transform and enhance our customers’
businesses. We are an industry leader in physical and electronic check
processing, payment processing, statement production and document
management.

Position: Postgresql DBA Ref: SYM-3148
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Number of positions: 1

Purpose: Symcor I s in the process of designing our next generation
archiving applications and will be working with Postgress SQL as a key part
of the architecture.

We have plans to implement it as part of our infrastructure. This is a DBA
role for someone skilled in Postgress, to add to our DBA teams. The
successful candidate will spear head that initiative. This may evolve to
a Data Architect type role, depending on experience of the successful
candidate we bring in.

Responsibilities:

· To work with existing DBA team and integrate postgress knowledge and
skills to that team.
· To become an active player in the implementation of Postgress to out
current database environment.
· To be a subject matter expert in postgress SQL

Requirements:
Top:
1. Postgress
2. Design experience with Horizontally Partitioned Data (sometimes called
Federated Database Design)
Medium:
3. Good base of SQL Skills (past Postgress)
4. Open Source Experience
5. Java and JDBC Experience/SKills
6. Linux

Other: (not in Top Two)
7. Data Pump Design/Experience
8. Geoplexed Distributed Databases
9. SOAP/SOA Skills

Interested candidates please e-mail resumes to: recruitment(at)symcor(dot)com

Please include the job code in the subject line of your e-mail.
Thank you to all interested applicants, however, only the applicants we
short-list will be contacted for an interview.