Postgres error

From: Ritu Khetan <RKhetan(at)crisil(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres error
Date: 2007-05-18 05:13:23
Lists: pgsql-admin

Dear friends,

I am getting the following error when I start Postgres 8.1 from the command
prompt on windows:

pg_ctl start -D e:/crisilfe/crisil/pgsql/data
postmaster starting

E:\Crisilfe\Crisil\pgsql\bin>LOG:  could not rename file
"global/config_exec_par
ams.new" to "global/config_exec_params", continuing to try
pg_ctl start -D e:/crisilfe/crisil/pgsql/data
pg_ctl: another postmaster may be running; trying to start postmaster
anyway
FATAL:  lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists
HINT:  Is another postmaster (PID 2672) running in data directory
"e:/crisilfe/c
risil/pgsql/data"?
pg_ctl: could not start postmaster
Examine the log output.

Can someone thro some light on what causing this. Need urgent help...

Regards,
Ritu
Disclaimer :
This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the message (including any attachments) from your system without using, transmitting or storing it. Please also immediately inform the sender. E-mails are not secure and may suffer from errors, viruses, unauthorized interceptions / amendments. CRISIL and its subsidiaries do not accept any liability for loss or damage caused by this e-mail and may monitor e-mail traffic.

pgsql-admin by date