Re: Question - help needed

From: Jayadevan M <Jayadevan(dot)Maymala(at)ibsplc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org,pgsql-novice-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Question - help needed
Date: 2010-11-10 03:31:55
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

> > I have 2 identical databases. One is with data and second one is empty
(for
> > designing).
> > Is it possible to make changes on empty database (for example to add,
> > remove column or change name...) and, with these changes, refresh
design
> > of second one database (without data changes)?
> >
> > thnx for help
Please have a look at
http://www.liquibase.org/
It provides scripts to make the databases consistent. You should be able
to use it for this. We have used it with Oracle.
Regards,
Jayadevan

DISCLAIMER:

"The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only for
the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly
contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original communication.
IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees the accuracy,
adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or any
attachment and is not liable for any errors, defects, omissions, viruses
or for resultant loss or damage, if any, direct or indirect."