psqlodbc and wide characters under windows and Unix

From: Ibrahim El-Fayoumi <ielfayou(at)erggroup(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psqlodbc and wide characters under windows and Unix
Date: 2004-04-29 07:56:15
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello
I am writing a generic program that should work under both windows and
Solaris to access a postgres database using ODBC, the problem I am having
is inserting wide characters under windows now, when I bind the wide
character variable as SQL_WCHAR and bind to a c type of SQL_C_WCHAR, the
insert statement fails and somehow the insert statement abruptly ended
before inserting the value of the wide char. I tried to use many
combination without success.
I am using psqlodbc version psqlodbc-07.03.0209 to access a postgres
database 7.4.2
The problem I am having with this driver is under windows now, using the
Postgres ODBC driver (ODBC 3.51)
Any help will be appreciated.
Ibrahim
ERG Transit Systems
247 Balcatta Road Balcatta WA 6021 Australia
Tel: + 61 8 9273 1620 Fax: +61 8 9273 1535
Email: ielfayou(at)erggroup(dot)com Website: www.erggroup.com