Re: Problem with initdb

From: <Oliver_Hall(at)scee(dot)net>
To: Bo Dahlstrom <bosse(at)ludd(dot)luth(dot)se>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with initdb
Date: 2000-09-27 09:49:29
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Bo,

I had the same problem - and I've seen others asking the question. I think
it's down to how you extract the source files and carriage return/line
feeds. All I did was unpack the source again (with tar etc.) and manually
copy the initdb.sh script over the installed version.

After that initdb worked.

Having said that - I've re-run the process a number of times to iron out
various problems, and its only after a trouble free install that I've
managed to get the whole thing (psql/php/etc.) to work.

Good luck,
Ol.

>bash-2.02$ initdb
>: not found
>/usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb: 34: Syntax error: Bad fd number
>bash-2.02$ ini

the system manager.

SCEE