Re: odbc access and pg_hba.conf

From: Steve(dot)Toutant(at)inspq(dot)qc(dot)ca
To: Adrian Klaver <aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org,pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: odbc access and pg_hba.conf
Date: 2009-11-19 19:33:03
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I I remove this line the client doesn't have access.
host    all     dbaInspq       md5

But I don't understand why. Maybe because of

I probably misunderstood the option I should put in this hba.conf

what do you think?

Steve Toutant, M. Sc.
Analyste en géomatique
Secteur environnement
Direction de la santé environnementale et de la toxicologie
Institut national de santé publique du Québec
945, avenue Wolfe
Québec, Qc G1V 5B3
Tél.: (418) 650-5115 #5281
Fax.: (418) 654-3144

Adrian Klaver <aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net>
19/11/2009 02:00 PM

Steve Toutant <Steve(dot)Toutant(at)inspq(dot)qc(dot)ca>
pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Re: [ODBC] odbc access and pg_hba.conf

----- "Steve Toutant" <Steve(dot)Toutant(at)inspq(dot)qc(dot)ca> wrote:

> the first line is host all all md5
> So the full hba.conf is
> host all all md5
> host all dba md5
> host all dba yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy md5
> is the ip address of the server running postgres

> > Thanks for your help,
> > steve

In addition to what Richard said, what is the network that the client is
running on?

Adrian Klaver