Re: PostgreSQL training curriculum

From: Richard_D_Levine(at)raytheon(dot)com
To: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org, Doug Quale <quale1(at)charter(dot)net>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL training curriculum
Date: 2004-12-22 14:45:59
Lists: pgsql-general

The FSF site explicitly says that free software is not free, it's about
freedom. I don't think the idea is to let your kids starve. --Rick

"Jim C. Nasby"
<decibel(at)decibel(dot)org> To: Doug Quale <quale1(at)charter(dot)net>
Sent by: cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
pgsql-general-owner(at)pos Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL training curriculum
tgresql.org

12/21/2004 05:41 PM

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 04:13:46PM -0600, Doug Quale wrote:
> "Jim C. Nasby" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org> writes:
>
> > I am being paid for this training, so keep that in mind if you're a
real
> > GPL zealot. ;)
>
> Why would a GPL zealot care if you are being paid to provide training?

Maybe 'GPL zealot' is a bad choice of words, but it wouldn't surprise me
if some people who post training information wouldn't want it used by
someone who's going to turn around and make money on it. I suspect few
if any PostgreSQL users are like that (since PostgreSQL is BSD
licensed), but you never know.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Consultant decibel(at)decibel(dot)org

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend