Re: BUG #6238: ECPG converts "long long" to long on Windows

From: Jim(dot)Gray(at)Bull(dot)com
To: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #6238: ECPG converts "long long" to long on Windows
Date: 2011-10-04 17:22:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs

>Did you also change the variable definition to long long?

Yes

Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
10/04/2011 05:15 AM

Jim Gray <jim(dot)gray(at)bull(dot)com>
cc
pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject
Re: [BUGS] BUG #6238: ECPG converts "long long" to long on Windows

Hi Jim,

> Postgres 9.1.1 installed on a Windows XP PC.
> Running ECPG with "long long" data type specified in the SQL DECLARE
SECTION
> results in "long" being used instead. The same input file works OK on
Linux

This suggests that HAVE_LONG_LONG_INT was not defined during ecpg build.
Or in
other words ecpg thinks long long is not supported.

> with Postgres 9.0.3 Manually changing the data type to "long long" in
the
> ECPG output file on Windows:
> ECPGt_long_long,&(_cpp_i_pkd1),(long)1,(long)1,sizeof(long long) --
results
> in run time error "unsupported data type". I am using MS Visual C++
Express

Did you also change the variable definition to long long?

> 2010 on Windows, which accepts "long long" to mean the same thing as
> __int64, but ECPG doesn't recognize the later.
> May be related to BUG #5464: ecpg on 64bit system converts "long long"
> "long"

Well, this bug is (at least I don't know otherwise) fixed for more than a
year.
Maybe the configure test doesn't work on Windows? I don't know.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Jabber: michael.meskes at googlemail dot com