Duplicate in pg_user table

From: CHEWTC(at)ap(dot)nec(dot)com(dot)sg
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Duplicate in pg_user table
Date: 2003-10-27 04:27:29
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hi

Currently we are running Postgresql v7.3.2 on Redhat Linux OS v9.0. We have
Windows2000 client machines inserting records into the Postgresql tables
via the Postgres ODBC v7.3.0100.

After a few weeks of usage, when we do a \d at the sql prompt, there was a
duplicate object name in the same schema, ie it can be a duplicate row of
index or table.

When we do a \d table_name, it will show a duplication of column names
inside the table.

We discovered that the schema in the pg_user table was duplicated also;
thus causing the pg_dump to fail.

Thank you,
REgards.

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Dror MatalonDate: 2003-10-27 04:54:31