NOOB Login Questions

From: sundberg(at)gdls(dot)com
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: NOOB Login Questions
Date: 2009-03-06 17:53:31
Lists: pgsql-novice
I've been given an assignment to create a C# application that queries an
existing postgreSQL database and displays a report gui.

Right now, I'm just trying to learn SQL/PostgreSQL.

Is there a noob forum, or is this the best way to ask questions?

My first problem is after installing PostreSQL on a Windows XP machine,
I'm having the basic problem of receiving the

"createdb: database creation failed: ERROR:  permission denied to create
database"

Error when following the simple example in the online help documentation
in the Tutorial (secion 1.3).

My XP login is of the form "John Doe", and I created a role "John Doe",
but I'm still getting the above error... :(

How do I use the command window or PGA command intrepter to add
permissions?  I wasn't able to following the instructions in the tutorial.

Any suggesions?

TIA

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Yogesh SharmaDate: 2009-03-12 13:25:04