Re: Using pg_dump through odbc

From: anthony(dot)caduto(at)micorp(dot)com
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using pg_dump through odbc
Date: 2005-03-01 17:46:18
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Just include the win32 versions of pg_dump/restore from the win32
Postgresql 8.x release, then use the createprocess api commad to execute
the pg_dump.exe.
By using createprocess you can pipe the output of the exe into your Dephi
apps window. That's all PG admin 3 does.
Do a search on google on createprocess and piping Standard Output.

Tony Caduto
Senior Programmer/Analyst

Din Adrian <adrian(dot)din(at)easynet(dot)ro>
Sent by: pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
03/01/2005 07:19 AM

pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
cc

Subject
[ODBC] Using pg_dump through odbc

Hello,
I am using Delphi with psqlodbc and postgresql.
The problem is that I want the users to be able to backup the database
from client stations by pressing a button. So my question is how can I
run
a pg_dump or psql command from delphi through odbc and get back the
dumped data ?
Any ideea or maybe a workaround?

Thank you,
Adrian Din,