Re: Linux Unicode character size

From: FabijanicA(at)nucorsteel(dot)com
To: Andrei Kovalevski <andyk(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Linux Unicode character size
Date: 2008-01-03 18:44:51
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Andrei Kovalevski <andyk(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote on 01/03/2008 12:34:58
PM:

>     So, if you are building unixODBC with SQL_WCHART_CONVERT - you
> should specify the same option for psqlodbc.
> If SQLWCHAR = wchar_t, then  sizeof(SQLWCHAR) = 4. If SQLWCHAR =
> unsigned short, then sizeof (SQLWCHAR) = 2. SQLWCHAR on Windows is
> always 2 bytes wide.

Andrei,

Thank you for the reply. I am aware of the above. But, since I have a
binary distro (Ubuntu), I am not building either. To be platform
transparent, it's simplest to keep things to be 2 bytes wide (which,
AFAICT, is default for unixODBC) and I was wondering what is the "default"
(if there is such a thing) for psql. Currently, my problem is that I get
SQL_NO_DATA from SQLDriverConnectW when I pass UTF-16 string.

Alex

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE  This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information which is the property of Nucor, intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).  Unauthorized use or disclosure of this information is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please immediately notify Nucor and destroy any copies of this email.  Receipt of this e-mail shall not be deemed a waiver by Nucor of any privilege or the confidential nature of the information.