Re: MSysConf on PG 8.2 ?

From: greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com
To: "Frank Brown" <frankjbrown(at)gmail(dot)com>,pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MSysConf on PG 8.2 ?
Date: 2007-03-05 22:36:37
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I always strive for simplicity.
If I were going to set up a MSysConf table, my first thought would be to
use pgAdmin III to create one in schema public.

Since I haven't  done this, I cannot say  whether it will work or not.
Access wants to attach SchemaName_ to table names, such as
"public_MSysCont", but this just is just an alias that can be altered by a
rename directly, on in MSysObjects table of Access (must have option to
view system objects turned on)

Greg Campbell ENG-ASE/Michelin US5-US7
Lexington, South Carolina
803-951-5561, x75561
Fax: 803-951-5531
greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com

"Frank Brown" <frankjbrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
03/04/2007 21:10

"greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com" <greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com>
cc

Subject
Re: [ODBC] MSysConf on PG 8.2 ?

Greg...   My database contains several schema' within the database.   Some
of these are 'System Objects' such as Infromation Schema, others are are
for different but related modules of the application.    I would have to
think that this table should be built under a 'System Object' but where?

On 3/3/07, greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com <greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com >