Re: Converting to uppercase

From: Jayadevan M <Jayadevan(dot)Maymala(at)ibsplc(dot)com>
To: JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org,pgsql-novice-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Converting to uppercase
Date: 2011-05-06 03:43:23
Lists: pgsql-novice
> Is there a function that I can include in the INSERT statement in
> order to convert the country name to uppercase?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/functions-string.html
upper(string)

DISCLAIMER:

"The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only for
the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly
contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original communication.
IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees the accuracy,
adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or any
attachment and is not liable for any errors, defects, omissions, viruses
or for resultant loss or damage, if any, direct or indirect."