Re: PostgreSQL a slow DB?

From: <ebcorder(at)rockwellcollins(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL a slow DB?
Date: 2006-03-23 16:14:51
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi All

I started using PostgreSQL\Postgis in January.    Lately I have been
reading on the internet many rumblings about PostgreSQL being slower than
MySQL/SQLLite etc etc.  Comparisons made were routine inserts , updates,
and deletes.   Is any of this true?   If so,are there methods to speed
things up?    I used the Explain Analyze command on portgesSQL it seemed
fast although I have not run any other DB's.
I know when comparison tests are performed they can be tilted on these
internet sites.  But I see so many people declaring PostgreSQL to be the
slowest I am thinking where there is smoke there's fire.

Elwood Cordery
Rockwell Collins
Contract Software Engineer
319-295-8248

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: AndreaDate: 2006-03-23 16:37:34