Silent install 8.3 diiffers from 8.2

From: Syra(dot)Didelez(at)agfa(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Silent install 8.3 diiffers from 8.2
Date: 2008-04-03 08:52:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

With the postgresql-8.2-int.msi, i used to do a succesful install with the
following options

BASEDIR=C:\Postgres
DATADIR=D:\PostgresData
INTERNALLAUNCH=1
DOSERVICE=1
CREATESERVICEUSER=1
SERVICEACCOUNT=postgres
SERVICEDOMAIN=%COMPUTERNAME%
SERVICEPASSWORD=123qwe-.
DOINITDB=1 ENCODING=UTF-8
PERMITREMOTE=1
SUPERUSER=DBA
SUPERPASSWORD=supersecret

With postgresql-8.3-int.msi I always run into the following security
error:

"Service 'PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3' (pgsql-8.3) failed to start.
Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services."

When pressing cancel, I should expect a cleanup, but the bin and lib
directories in the basedir still remain.
This together with 6 postgres.exe processes ....

I am using exactly the smae options as above, and I have removed the
postgres user before starting the silent install.
With 8.2 I could do this over and over again, with 8.3 it seems not to
work.

- Syra Didelez -
Apogee Portal Deployment Manager
Apogee Portal Hotfix Manager