Re: odbc access and pg_hba.conf

From: Steve(dot)Toutant(at)inspq(dot)qc(dot)ca
To: Adrian Klaver <aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org,pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: odbc access and pg_hba.conf
Date: 2009-11-19 19:26:32
Lists: pgsql-odbc
ok, done with thesse xxx, yyy I'm on a private network so here is the real
content of hba.conf
host    all         all          md5
host    all     dbaInspq      md5
host    all     dbaInspq       md5 is the server running postgres/postgis is my computer

Also, please find attached the screenshot of the odbc config of the

In this ODBC config of the client, if I change the User Name to test
instead of dbaInspq, I get this error
FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "", user "test", database
"geo", SSL off is the ipaddress of the client, and it is not in pg_hba.conf

The client has winXP and he's using the ODBC driver to access postgres
with SAS.
Another information, the database geo is a postgis database.

thanks for helping me!

Adrian Klaver <aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net>
19/11/2009 02:00 PM

Steve Toutant <Steve(dot)Toutant(at)inspq(dot)qc(dot)ca>
pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Re: [ODBC] odbc access and pg_hba.conf

----- "Steve Toutant" <Steve(dot)Toutant(at)inspq(dot)qc(dot)ca> wrote:

> the first line is host all all md5
> So the full hba.conf is
> host all all md5
> host all dba md5
> host all dba yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy md5
> is the ip address of the server running postgres

> > Thanks for your help,
> > steve

In addition to what Richard said, what is the network that the client is
running on?

Adrian Klaver