Re: Slow Visual Basic application

From: "Patrick Hatcher" <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>
To: cecilia_ag(at)hotmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org,pgsql-performance-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slow Visual Basic application
Date: 2003-04-10 18:52:45
Lists: pgsql-performance
It appears you are trying to create a cube by using MSDataShape.  Correct?
This could be the cause of the slow query.  Why not use a straight ADO

Dim cn As ADODB.Connection
Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset

Set cn = New ADODB.Connection
Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset

cn.ConnectionString = "driver={PostgreSQL};server=;uid=;pwd
cn.ConnectionTimeout = 300
cn.CursorLocation = adUseClient

Set rs = cn.Execute("Select * from table1)

                    "Cecilia Alvarez"
                    <cecilia_ag(at)hotmail(dot)com>           To:     pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
                    Sent by:                           cc:
                    pgsql-performance-owner(at)post       Subject:     [PERFORM] Slow Visual Basic application
                    04/10/2003 10:32 AM

I have a visual basic application and the access to postgress is very slow.
If I run the query on PGadminII the answer is quite good but if I run the
same query from the application it takes a long time (I debugged it).
11seconds .vs. 5 minutes.
I would like to know if I have a problem with my connection to postgres or
my odbc.
The string connection is:

gobjBD.StringConexion = "Provider=MSDataShape.1;DRIVER

I´ll really apreciate your help.

Únete al mayor servicio mundial de correo electrónico: Haz clic aquí