ora2pg fails on LONG object access in Catalog

From: "Art Nicewick" <art(dot)nicewick(at)ams(dot)com>
To: ricardorsj(at)uol(dot)com(dot)br
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org, ricardorsj(at)uol(dot)com(dot)br, Thomas Lockhart <thomas(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
Subject: ora2pg fails on LONG object access in Catalog
Date: 2002-02-26 15:42:58
Lists: pgsql-general

I recently used the program ora2pg to convert an Oracle 9i database to
Postgress. i had a few problems.

Data stored as /'' in oracle did could not be inserted into postgreSQL (The
/ had to be deleted)

Line 1424 in ora2pm has a select statement that reads in a LONG field
("SEARCH_CONDITION") i changed this to ' '.
Line 1315 alos had a LONG field in the SQL. ("DATA_

I was able to get the program to work, However, I'm sure I'll hit problems
as I need to convert elements (VIEWS, PROCS) that require this info.

I think the problem has to do with the DBD:Oracle module support for 9i...
Has anybody looked into this.

Arthur Nicewick
American Management Systems
Corporate Technology Group