Re: group role membership

From: Tom(dot)Zschockelt(at)flender(dot)com
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: group role membership
Date: 2005-11-10 14:13:31
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Andreas,

well my first thought for this was :

- to extend the property window of a grouprole by a new tab called
'members of this role'
- in this new tab integrate a treectrl which contains all direct member
(roles) and if an item is a role with sub-members go down to the next
recursive level

e.g.

- / root <name-of-current-group>

| - loginrole1 ( without member )
| - loginrole2 ( without member )
| - loginrole3 ( with member )
|
| - loginrole4 (without member )
| - grouprole_a ( with member )
|
| -- ...

and so on

From my point of view it'll not necessary ( or not a highpriority item )
to modify the underlying data from within this "new tab".

(An other solution could be a simple reporting solution to get a list of
people who have access to a certain object.)

regards

Tom

Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
10.11.2005 14:51