Re: vacuum full & max_fsm_pages question

From: Patrick Hatcher <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>
To: "Josh Berkus <josh" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: "Patrick Hatcher" <pathat(at)comcast(dot)net>,pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org,pgsql-performance-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org,"Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Subject: Re: vacuum full & max_fsm_pages question
Date: 2004-09-23 16:32:50
Lists: pgsql-performance
I upgraded to 7.4.3 this morning and did a vacuum full analyze on the
problem table and now the indexes show the correct number of records

Patrick Hatcher

Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Sent by: pgsql-performance-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
09/21/04 10:49 AM

"Patrick Hatcher" <pathat(at)comcast(dot)net>
"Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>,
Re: [PERFORM] vacuum full & max_fsm_pages question

> Sorry.  I wrote PG 7.4.2 and then I erased it to write something else
> then forgot to add it back.

Odd.  You shouldn't be having to re-vacuum on 7.4.

> And thanks for the Page info.  I was getting frustrated and looked in
> wrong place.
> So it's probably best to drop and readd the indexes then?

Well, I have to wonder if you've not run afoul of the known 7.4.2 bug
regarding indexes.   This system hasn't had an improper database shutdown
power-out in the last few weeks, has it?

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

      joining column's datatypes do not match