pg_restore not working

From: "Patrick Hatcher" <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_restore not working
Date: 2002-08-01 00:43:24
Lists: pgsql-novice
Howdy.

I did an export of a 7.1.3 database using the example pg_dump -Ft -b
mydatabase > file.tar.  I then tried to do a pg_restore on my 7.2.1
database but kept running into errors.  First off, the users were not
defined, so I tried -O but that didn't work.  It kept saying that the user
wasn't defined.  So I manually created the database and tried to do the
import and create only the schema.  However, I now run into the problem of
/usr/lib/plpgsql.so file not being found.  I was able to do a createlang,
so I know the file exists some place on my machine.  So how can I get
around this?  Can I edit the file in the file.tar file?  And if so, how?
I'm sorry, I'm not that Linux savvy.

TIA

Patrick Hatcher

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Ludwig LimDate: 2002-08-01 04:14:34