Re: Cannot Create Foreign Key

From: Richard_D_Levine(at)raytheon(dot)com
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org,pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org, sgbrodie(at)mts(dot)net
Subject: Re: Cannot Create Foreign Key
Date: 2004-09-20 16:40:12
Lists: pgadmin-support
That makes sense.  Thanks Andreas --Rick

                      Andreas Pflug
                      <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)d        To:       Richard_D_Levine(at)raytheon(dot)com
                      e>                               cc:       pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org,
                      Sent by:                          sgbrodie(at)mts(dot)net
                      pgadmin-support-owner(at)pos        Subject:  Re: [pgadmin-support] Cannot Create Foreign Key
                      tgresql.org

                      09/20/2004 10:15 AM

Richard_D_Levine(at)raytheon(dot)com wrote:
> I haven't worked with PostgreSQL much at all yet, but doesn't there need
> be a primary key constraint on the emp_address_tb's emp_id column in
order
> to set up the foreign key relation between the two emp_id columns?

Sort of, there has to be a unique index (which a pk by design is).
in a future version (1.3/1.4) we might have some autodetect mechanism
for those columns.

Regards,
Andreas

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Content FilterDate: 2004-09-20 19:11:18