Re: v1.3.0 dev?

From: Patrick Hatcher <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>
To: dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk
Cc: "OpenMacNews" <OpenMacNews(at)speakeasy(dot)net>,"pgadmin-hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>,pgadmin-hackers-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: v1.3.0 dev?
Date: 2005-06-10 15:57:22
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

This version still suffers from the dreaded crash issues in the SQL pane I
wrote about on 5/15 (text provided below):

> Ok I think I see when it happens
> Steps to create the issue
> - Open sql-window
> - highlight the sql statement by holding down the shift and pressing
> the end button
> now look at the mouse cursor (pointer).  When you are over the
> highlighted text, the cursor is an arrow.
> now move the cursor the immediate right of the selected text.  It
> should change back to normal cursor
> now move the cursor directly below the highlighted text.  The cursor
> is now an arrow.
> now click in the blank space while the arrow is showing
> the app should start giving the spinning wheel of death.
> restart the app and repeat the first two steps above.
> after highlighting the text move the mouse around the screen and
> watch the cursor.
> I notice that the cursor will return to a normal state after the
> length of the last line of text and only to the right side of the text.
> Clicking within the highlighted text or below will cause the spinning

Patrick Hatcher

             "Dave Page"
             Sent by:                  "OpenMacNews"
             pgadmin-hackers-o         <OpenMacNews(at)speakeasy(dot)net>
             wner(at)postgresql(dot)o                                          cc
             rg                        "pgadmin-hackers"
             06/10/05 08:11 AM         Re: [pgadmin-hackers] v1.3.0 dev?

That was probably my fault from when I converted the zip file Adam sent
me to a tar.bz2. I've repacked it with the exec bit set.

> the .app lauches OK, and at 1st glance appears (mostly)
> operational ...
> BUT, the "QUIT" menu item is completely disable (grayed out).
>  only way out is
> a "Force Quit" fromn finder, or kill @ shell ...

Do you know if that is a bug in 1.2.2, or a problem with Adam's build?

Regards, Dave.