Re: COPY returns Bad timestamp external rep..

From: "Patrick Hatcher" <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>
To: "Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson" <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>
Cc: PgSQL Novice ML <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: COPY returns Bad timestamp external rep..
Date: 2002-05-23 23:29:32
Lists: pgsql-novice
Stupid me.  Thanks, your suggestion worked.

Patrick Hatcher
Macys.Com
Legacy Integration Developer
415-932-0610 office
HatcherPT - AIM

                    Ron Johnson
                    <ron.l.johnson       To:     Patrick Hatcher <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>
                    @cox.net>            cc:     PgSQL Novice ML <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
                                         Subject:     Re: [NOVICE] COPY returns Bad timestamp external rep..
                    05/23/2002
                    03:54 PM

On Thu, 2002-05-23 at 17:40, Patrick Hatcher wrote:
> Howdy,
> I'm trying to import data  from an external database that has the date
> formatted as such: 2002-05-20 00.00.01.  When I try to import the data, I
> get the Bad Timestamp external representation error.  I would usually
> remove the time section, but for this particular table I need down to the
> second.  Could someone point me in the right direction?

Do you know perl or python?  awk might even be able to, say,
convert all of the periods in the 6th & 7th fields to colons.

> TIA
>

> CREATE TABLE "xmlpricetest" (
>   "upc" int8 NOT NULL,
>   "unit_price" float8,
>   "compare_price" float8,
>   "price_value" float8,
>   "price_indicator" int2,
>   "start_date" timestamp,
>   "end_date" timestamp
> ) WITH OIDS;

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net     |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81 |
| "I have created a government of whirled peas..."        |
|   Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, 12-May-2002,                   |
!   CNN, Larry King Live                                  |

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Ron JohnsonDate: 2002-05-23 23:31:37