Re: pgadmin 1.4 not remembering password

From: Mitch S McKenzie <mmckenzie(at)unmc(dot)edu>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: cadiolis(at)gmail(dot)com, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org,pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgadmin 1.4 not remembering password
Date: 2005-12-05 18:20:19
Lists: pgadmin-support
Andreas,

Where is the pgpass.conf file??? Do I have to create it?

"In addition, it will remember it until you close pgAdmin."

Why only until I close the application? Still don't understand the purpose
of the feature then.

Don't worry about it.  I will just continue to input my password everytime
I connect.

Thank you for the reply.

P.S.: It sounds like you need a vacation or anger management  or maybe
both

Mitch

University of Nebraska Medical Center E-mail Confidentiality Disclaimer :
The information in this e-mail is privileged and confidential, intended
only for the use of the addressee(s) above.
Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this information is prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail by mistake please delete it and
immediately contact the sender.

Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Sent by: pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
12/05/2005 12:10 PM

Mitch S McKenzie <mmckenzie(at)unmc(dot)edu>
cc
cadiolis(at)gmail(dot)com, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject
Re: [pgadmin-support] pgadmin 1.4 not remembering password

Mitch S McKenzie wrote:

> That's how it's suppose to work???  Throwing and error???
>
> hrmmmm......
>
> So it's only suppose to save your password for the duration you have the

> application open?

No, it's supposed to save it if you press OK! In addition, it will
remember it until you close pgAdmin. The next time, it relies on
pgpass.conf to contain the correct password, and has no more knowledge
of the pwd.

Regards,
Andreas