Re: PostgreSQL / PHP Overrun Error

From: "Mike Rogers" <temp6453(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: "Brent R(dot) Matzelle" <bmatzelle(at)yahoo(dot)com>, <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL / PHP Overrun Error
Date: 2001-09-26 19:46:16
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers pgsql-php

I am currently running PHP-4.0.6 (with the memory leak patch as posted to
correct a problem in this release [it is on the download page]).
The script that causes them mostly "includes" other scripts to do it's job.
The home page uses some of the scripts that it uses and I've seen the errors
there too. There errors seem infrequent, and just occur randomly... Maybe
every 2-10 minutes on a reasonably high-volume server. The commands that
seem to be getting executed by the script [it's not my script]:
pg_exec
pg_errormessage
pg_fetch_array
pg_errormessage
pg_freeresult
pg_fieldname
pg_fieldtype
pg_fieldsize
pg_cmdtuples
pg_numrows
pg_numfields

I have been trying minor modifications to the code to ensure that there are
no minor erorrs (such as setting things to null in case functions don't) but
am trying to track it down further.
I truly wish there was a way to get a status report from the script as
it goes [see what line it stopped on]- Unfortunatly, I don't think that's
really possible.

Thanks;
--
Mike