I'm a Linux RH6.2 user

From: "Anshuman Das" <dasanshu(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: I'm a Linux RH6.2 user
Date: 2000-12-05 06:07:38
Lists: pgsql-php
hi
I'm a Linux RH6.2 user. I want to run PHP with postgreSQL. I'm facing some problems. Kindly help me:

1) How to run postmaster? usr/bin/postmaster is saying that: unable to find systemdata or unable to open "/usr/include/pgsql//base/template 1/pg_class"

error:postmaster does not know to find the database system data.You must
specify the directory that contains the database system either by
specifying the -D invocation or by setting the PGDATA environment
variable

2) pg_connect() cannot find postgreSQL server.
error:Connection to database 'postgres' failed.connectDB() failed: Is the
postmaster running and accepting connections     at 'UNIX Socket' on port
'5432'?

3) How to use and configure pg_hba.conf?

PLZ Reply Soon

Anshuman
India
anshuman(at)simblos(dot)com

pgsql-php by date

Next:From: Adam LangDate: 2000-12-05 13:54:20