Re: Replication: failed to insert results in delete after next sync

From: "Wayne Snyder" <wsnyder(at)ikon(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Replication: failed to insert results in delete after next sync
Date: 2002-09-27 12:13:41
Lists: pgsql-general

You will need to add NOT FOR REPLICATION to the Foreign key constraints..
The trouble is that when SQL replicates, it doesn't take into account
parent/child relationships when moving the records. It may very well try to
move the child record PRIOR to the parent, causing the error on the
subscriber... This caused me much time while I was trying to figure it out..

We dropped all of the publications/subscriptions. Altered the constraints so
they were ALL not for replication, (triggers too). Then re-did the
replication and since then, no problems.

--
Wayne Snyder, SQL Server MVP
Computer Education Services Corporation (CESC), Charlotte, NC

I support the Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS) and its user
community of SQL Server Professionals.
www.sqlpass.org