PITR on Windows?

From: "Simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PITR on Windows?
Date: 2004-08-14 00:50:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I notice that PITR doesn't function correctly on Windows. Has that been
reported elsewhere?

The archive_command parameter %p resolves to a full path containing slashes
rather than backslashes. This is not a Windows file, so any attempt to copy
it fails. There isn't any way to avoid that.

I'm surely not the first to report that? Am I?

[There isn't any way of telling, by default, since the log goes nowhere....]

Is there a PostgreSQL approved way of saying "for Windows port, use
backslashes in pathnames"?

Best Regards, Simon Riggs