Re: fetching rows

From: "K Parker" <kparker(at)eudoramail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: fetching rows
Date: 2000-10-30 18:58:52
Lists: pgsql-sql

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you're using PHP and you wanted to fetch just 25 rows at a time for a single page, and then fetch more when the user clicks on a NEXT button or link, you're completely out of luck. Each http transaction is completely separate and so you can't maintain a cursor between pages. Perhaps LIMIT would help you here; but I've found it more useful to make sure there is a unique key for the order I'm displaying, and then say "WHERE key > highest_key_value_on_current_page"