RE: 'order by' and 'desc' not working in subquery using 'not in'

From: "Dong, Meng" <eddy(at)securities(dot)com>
To: <Rahul_g(at)ip(dot)eth(dot)net>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: 'order by' and 'desc' not working in subquery using 'not in'
Date: 2001-07-31 09:30:27
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Hi Rahul,

Have you tried to quote each table name and column name by  " , and constant by ' ? In your case, try

 delete from "reporttable" where ( "srvServerid" = 'serverid') and
( "rptreportid" not in(select "rptreportid" from "reporttable"
where ( "srvserverid" = 'serverid' order by "rpttimestamp" desc)));

Appropriate quoting can help PostgreSQL understand SQL without ambiguity.

Eddy
Formatter/Programmer,
Internet Securities Inc. China (ISI)
Rm 202, Bright China Chang An Bldg.
7 Jian Guo Men Nei Ave.
Beijing 100005, China

E-mail: eddy(at)securities(dot)com
A Euromoney Institutional Investor Company