Query Builder (PGA3)

From: efesar <efesar(at)nmia(dot)com>
To: Pgadmin-Hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Query Builder (PGA3)
Date: 2003-04-12 04:38:47
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave/Andreas/Mark,

The query builder for PGA3 is now nearing completion. Most of the
functionality exists and has been for the most part debugged. As a result, I
have updated CVS with the newest changes and added a couple of files
(resources and icons).

Your input is welcome. Any major architectural changes or paradigm shifts
should happen now, so please let me know if you see a big pitfall coming.

* Drag and Drop functionality for Joins and for adding columns to the design
view both function (although a little bit sensitive on the initial drag
still).

* Joins are fully functional, except that you can't click on the join line
and modify/delete it (which is on my list). Also, CROSS JOINS will not
function (they currently act like INNER/OUTER joins).

* Nested Joins seem to work fine, although double-right handed joins are not
allowed (error message advises user to redraw the relationship).

* Table/View children have a new streamlined look. Closing them no longer
causes exceptions when there are joins. Better cleanup code all around.

* Formatting for the SQL box makes the outputted Query easily readable.

* Lots of stuff left to do ... such as Unions, Ordering and Limits.

-Keith