Re: configure fails on solaris

From: "Stergios Zissakis" <szis(at)intranet(dot)gr>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Edwin New" <edwin_new(at)toll(dot)com(dot)au>, <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: configure fails on solaris
Date: 2004-06-24 14:04:47
Lists: pgsql-ports
I don't use gcc. I user CC instead. Unfortunatly readline is not present in
either Solaris 7 or 8.
I had to built it from scratch and includ it in my PostgreSQL distribution;
I didn't want to go the --without-readline way.

As for the configuration of the dynamic linker, I did not touch it at all. I
use LD_LIBRARY_PATH and
have configured PostgreSQL (./configure script) with the
appropriate --with-includes and --with-libraries options. Is there anything
wrong with this configuration?

Thanks for you comment anyway; I might get to configure the dynamic linker
if I ever get the root password!!!

Regards,
Sterge