Re: How to enable ODBC?

From: "Benjamin Thelen" <benjamin(dot)thelen(at)ccgis(dot)de>
To: <brew(at)theMode(dot)com>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to enable ODBC?
Date: 2003-04-11 15:22:10
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

I read that it is either neccessary to supply the --enable-odbc option to
the configure script or you can compile that later on by changing into
src/interfaces/odbc and do make and make install there. But I don't even
have this directory. But that is chapter 7 of the 7.2 documentation.

I found some more information, but that was for pgsql 6.x!!

1) You have a working Pgsql installation
	- done
2) You have modified pg_hba.conf to allow connections from hosts other than
the server itself
 - done
3) You have started pgsql with the i flag

	- I tried ./10.pgsql.sh start -i, but that did not help

4) You have created a sandbox database you have create table rights to.

	- What is a sandbox db?
	- I have granted full access to all dbs I have created.

I installed unixODBC, but I couldn't find the software afterwoods! So, I
don't know how to set up a DSN, just because I don't know how to start the
unixODBC-manager. The unixODBC documentation did not help a bit. I had the
hope whether it is possible to connect locally via odbc.

Benjamin