Where's the Database?

From: "Big Bad Data Daddy" <B2D2(at)MaroisApps(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Where's the Database?
Date: 2001-04-17 01:51:28
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hey List;

I've been really getting into PostgreSQL attempting to rewrite my current
website ( www.HireLiveMusicians.com ) with a DB backend. The site is
working on flat text files currently. My question is for archiving/backing
up and just general knowledge, where are my databases being stored by
default. I've been creating the database logged on a specific user not
root. I'm just curious, I know that I'm supposed to write scripts to create
the tables, triggers, indexes, etc and then import my exported data back
into the tables if something runs amiss.

TIA

Mike
www.HireLiveMusicians.com
www.MaroisApps.com